Sunday 14 October 2012

International Week

I can't say that I ever get excited for soccer's international breaks.  I have to go an entire week without being able to watch the Whitecaps or FC Barcelona or whatever decent game is on (and not at 5am) in the English Premier League.  I might care a little more about international week if any of my associated countries were any good.  Those two countries are Canada (where I live, obviously) and Malta (where my mother's family comes from) and they are ranked 61st and 153rd respectively in FIFA's world rankings.  Needless to say, I will not be holding my breath for a World Cup appearance anytime soon.  However, I did actually get to see Malta score a goal against the Czech Republic on Friday in a qualifying game, which is a rare sight.  They unfortunately went on to lose 3-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment